Friday, September 24, 2010

Still unloading photos from the summer

I will post pictures of my room and stuff soon, I just need to neaten things up a bit and get around to actually taking pictures of it! School is going well and I like all my classes, especially physics, premodern east asian history, and philosophy. Today I spent a few hours volunteering at the massive book sale going on at the Vic main building, working at the coat check. It was weirdly fun. Tomorrow I'm going with Kara to some sort of park opening/farmer's market event, and then in the evening we're going to a film festival we got free tickets to. I found a little camera store about three minutes away from my building where I can get film developed, yay! I think shopper's drug mart might also have some kind of 1 hr 35mm thing, I'll check next time I'm there.

A while ago I got this little blue plastic underwater 35mm Snap Sights camera from Goodwill. I took it out of its casing and ran a roll through it, and I really like it. Here are a few pictures from it, I have more from this roll though. But these were taken at the fair.








For some reason I really like this picture I took while waiting outside Claire's forest path. If you look close you can see the deer in the yard. Click to make it bigger. Blogger makes everything so freaking tiny.




I'm so hungry! They closed my favorite take-out place on Yonge for renovations. :C
I must look like I live here now because a lot of tourists have been asking me for directions! And I'm actually able to help them most of the time! First years have been asking me where things are too. Oh shit I forgot to do laundry today! Bye!

6 comments:

alv said...

I think this is the first time I've ever gotten the first robot! It's weirdly quiet here: Mom's in Portland, you're in Toronto, and Ian is out with his friends doing god knows what. We miss you! Have fun at the farmer's market and film festival.

Anonymous said...

Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. Si tratta di qualcosa di diverso e l'idea di mantenere.
Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. Ottima idea, condivido.

Erin said...

thank you, italian guy.

Claire said...

fettuccine alfredoooo fafalla!!!!!

that last picture at the fair is sweet

claire and blake are here. but they won't wake up. miss you tons :(

mom said...

I like the deer picture. I saw 3 wild turkeys in the Phillips' yard the other day. And about 6 deer walked through our yard the other night. What a weird neighbourhood.

Claire said...

I don't recall giving you permission to catch the wilderness of my forest trail on camera.
I like the slide picture.
lots!
I miss you like.
lots.