Monday, March 01, 2010

The Cosmic Perspective

Hi, hello. Here are some updates on my exciting life:

-I am a terrible Canadian and didn't watch the hockey game. But I was on Bay street which is right next to Yonge, which got closed down because of all the partying and chaos in the streets, and it sounded pretty crazy.
-Instead on Sunday night I went to see Shutter Island with Edward. The movie was thoroughly fucked up and I liked it. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, but Edward got pretty scared. I mean he was clinging onto my arm for like half the movie.
-Thanks to Kara I have discovered the gym in Hart House, which is awesome and free for students. No more running around in the freezing cold!
-Tomorrow is my astronomy midterm, then I am all done with midterms. My last final exam is on April 15, right before my birthday.
-I went to a pub night a few days ago with some friends but all they wanted to do was take annoying pictures for facebook and stuff. We hung out in one of the lower house common rooms when we came back and they had 2 laptops out with facebook going and I wanted to go out and actually do stuff but everything was about facebook, it was stupid and I missed you guys.
-I got new glasses, they are sick.

Wtf, raccoons, why are you so scary. And why are there two of these pictures, which I found like a month apart:

Today I went grocery shopping.
How to go grocery shopping like Erin:
-Feel hungry. Realize you have no food because last time you went to the dining hall you forgot to steal stuff in tupperware. Decide to go to Valu-Mart to buy some food to keep in your room.
-Wander around Valu-Mart. Consider buying different things, but put them all back. Decide that you can just get food from the dining hall for free next time you go.
-Go to the drugstore next door and look at nail polish.
-Feel distressed by how much more expensive nail polish is in Canada than in the US.
-Go to Indigo (Canadian Borders) and pick out random magazines. Sit down and go through them one by one for a long time but don't buy any of them. Go to the music section and read about Bob Dylan for half an hour.
-Feel hungry again. Go across the street to Tim Hortons and eat soup and a donut. Go back to res.

I need to start taking more pictures cause I haven't really had any lately. That's pretty much it.
Bye!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some scary raccoon pictures!!

I love your shopping technique. I'm glad it eventually involved you getting food.

Miss you!
--mom

Claire said...

omg you reminded me of how goddamn hungry I am.
LAWL EDWARD IS A FRAIDY CAT.

alv said...

maybe edward was not scared and was just clinging because he digs you. just a thought. I'm sorry to hear that your glasses are sick - maybe you can find a glasses-doctor who can make them better. love, dad

J. Miller said...

if you want to see some scary pictures, google nomura jelly fish

AHHHHHHH

also, i'm giving the good comment point to your dad because i was thinking the same thing about edward

Erin said...

WTF JENNA WHY WOULD YOU SHOW ME THAT. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GIANT THINGS IN THE OCEAN

Claire said...

Oh boy. I have a new exciting sea creature to send you for your birthday.

I saw shutter island this weekend too! I thought it was really lame until the end.

Good luck with your astronomy midterm. maybe you can cheat if it's at night.

when do you get done with school?

marinna said...

Grocery shopping is lots of fun.
sounds good. i haven't seen shutter island yet. sigh. good luck on your midterm

iannnn said...

I can't believe you didn't watch the hockey game... and you were RIGHT NEXT TO THE YONGE STREET! be a better canadian. Even i watched the game

Jenna said...

SORRY ERIN

Erin said...

I still love you Jenna. Claire, I'm done school on April 15th, LIKE I SAID IN MY POST... but I'm not sure when I'm going back to Corvallis yet.

Holy shit, Ian commented!!

J. Miller said...

OMG COME VISIT ME BEFORE I COME BACK FROM SCHOOL

caro said...

Hi Erin,
You sound like me as a young lass doing some shopping in the city. It's so easy to get sidetracked!

By the way...you left your scrabble necklace here. Jay want to wear it to town.

-Aunt Carolyn

Unknown said...

Don't look at scary raccoons. Look at this one!

http://shanalogic.com/item.php?item_id=2884&category_id=46

Erin said...

Jenna - I will definitely try to!!

Carolyn - Yayy I couldn't find it and was hoping I left it there!

Mom - AAWWWW